Africa is richly diverse continent with numerous challenges and tremendous opportunity. In the last decade or so, Africa made progress on the social, economic and political fronts. Africa is a microcosm of global threats, challenges and change. Poverty, hunger and disease remain pervasive, and parts of the continent continue to suffer from the dangerous blend of insecurity, instability, conflict and genocide.
Knowledge, skills, science, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship are critical and urgently needed to make local and international efforts effective, efficient, and sustainable. Leadership and managerial skills are especially vital in connecting the dots in the development enterprise. Such skills are more urgent in a rapidly changing globalized world that is rife with threats and uncertainty. African leaders are required to spot and influence the mega-and micro-trends locally and globally. They are required to provide relentless stewardship in building viable, adaptable, sustainable, and resilient systems and communities.
The CAI’s Africa Team specializes in linking businesses with potential trade partners in foreign markets. We believe that continued economic leadership requires are an aggressive search for new opportunities to sell goods and services and to acquire strategic resources We are convinced many companies are losing out on potential business opportunities in new markets that are being created by the globalization of the global economy.
The Center for Applied Innovation (CAI) currently has representative in numerous African Countries to include:
- Kampala, Uganda
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Jubaa, Southern Sudan.
- Maputo, Mozambique.
- Lusaka, Zambia.
- Harare, Zimbabwe
- Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Luanda, Angola.
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria
- Dili, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste.
The CAI has the capability to develop business in any African country through indigenous representatives in both the public and private sectors to include decision-makers and funders at the highest government levels.
Our team’s expertise and links with business and public sector leaders in a diverse range of expanding economies across Africa has potential to significantly enhance our prospective clients’ customer base. Our company has a demonstrated record of assisting foreign corporations in establishing and developing business opportunities in non-traditional markets.
We both consult with companies to facilitate developing market strategies in Africa and facilitate implementing those strategies for rapid and high sustained Return on Investment (ROI). The CAI has the unique capability to connect our clients with decision-makers and funding sources in Africa as well as develop the implementation strategy for high Return on Investment (ROI) execution.
Capacity to Develop Opportunities in Multiple Sectors including: Defense; Maritime; Peacekeeping; Telecommunications; Infrastructure; Resources; Consumer Goods; Agriculture. Health; Mining; Banking
Analysis to Identify the Right Opportunities
- Market Analysis, Entry Research and Identification
- Data collection and analysis of the market potential lucrativeness vis-a-vis a fit with the client's capabilities, cultural inclinations and philosophy
- Evaluation of the business-friendly climate and government(s), e.g., local and national, as a part of market attractiveness
- Specific identification of the barriers to entry, key factors for success, the decision-maker process and key influencers
- Identification and creation of possible partnerships to help in the market entry process.
Strategic Planning to Seize Opportunities with Reduced Risk and ROI
- Tailored Business Strategies
- Competitor Assessment, best practices, and Benchmarking
- Market Survey Design, implementation, Data coding and interpretation
- Strategic Planning
Forming Highly Productive Teams (Internal, Foreign Partners, Public-Private Partnerships)
- US – Africa Bilateral and US – Africa – China Trilateral
- Identify and secure in-country partners and establish Public-Private Partnerships
Providing the Needed Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to Achieve Sustained Success
- Briefing on legal framework for protection of foreign direct investment in selected jurisdictions.
- Developing and implementing business agreements and payment guarantees.
- Cultural Immersion, Sensitivity and Training company personnel for each country
- Organizational and Cultural Alignment
- Multicultural Workforce Development
- Executive Coaching and Development
Entering African Markets and Executing for Maximum Success:
- Access to decision-makers at the highest African government levels
- Organizing customized trade missions access to sovereigns
- Expanding current operations into Africa
- Evaluation of current activities and cost efficiency
- Competitive assessment
- Logistics and supply chain